Beyond the Fourth Wall
Where webcomic readers conspire

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
[Fanfic] The Waking Hours, Part 1

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Beyond the Fourth Wall Forum Index -> Dreamland Fan Art and Fiction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuxedobob
Major Character

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: [Fanfic] The Waking Hours, Part 1 Reply with quote

The Waking Hours, Part 1 – Kiwi

The following is an attempt to chronicle the events that occur in Dreamland while Alexander is awake. They may be used in part or in whole by the author as canon, an alternate story for the comic, or any other purpose.

This story begins after strip #55, dated 2006-03-15.

----------

Kiwi paused for a moment, heartbroken. He'd come back, right? She wasn't just imagining things? She looked at the village wall and giggled. No, of course not. The wall was pretty sure he'd come back! Still, it was just so surreal. After so long… And then to poof, just like that…

Her reverie was interrupted by her grandfather, whom she suddenly found beside her. He'd seen Alexander disappear, and he had a rather sheepish look on his face.

"Well, I… I guess that settles that question!" He did as best he could to sound like he knew it was a human all along. It wasn't very convincing. His granddaughter merely laughed and kissed him on the cheek.

"Oh, Grandpa." She paused. "Grandpa, is it all right if I go and tell the others? The teddies, Paddington, and Nastajia? They have to know. I'm sure they'll be thrilled to hear Alex is back! …I think he is, at least."

"You're not really going to fix the wall anytime soon, are you?" her grandfather asked, though it was really more of a statement of fact than a question.

This time, it was Kiwi's turn to look sheepish. "Well…" she trailed off.

"It's all right, dear. You caused enough mayhem as a child at Ashendel that they never bothered us about. I suppose this is only fair."

"Oh, thank you!" Kiwi said, and gave her grandpa a big hug.

He held her hands for a moment, looking at her fondly. "Be safe, little one." He flew back down to the village.

Never mind the fact I'm not that little anymore, thought Kiwi. She started off toward the teddies' village. Suddenly, she sensed a rather large presence behind her..

----------

The story continues here with strip # 74, 2006-04-11.

Edit: typo.

Last edited by tuxedobob on Fri May 30, 2008 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
tuxedobob
Major Character

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on doing the other time lapses too. This one was written rather quickly, and of course, it only lasts for 30 seconds or so.
ssava
Creator of "The Dreamland Chronicles"

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!

That was COOL!

I really liked it tuxedobob!
REALLY!

Thanks

tuxedobob
Major Character

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. You gave me a lot more time to work with for the second break. Very Happy (Alex gets woken up for flatlining until his rescue from the pirates.)

And from what I've been mulling over for what I think is the third break (tower scene to next morning), I think that one's going to be one of my favorites.

Oh, and if you want to make strips of this, I would not mind at all. Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Beyond the Fourth Wall Forum Index -> Dreamland Fan Art and Fiction All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: