Beyond the Fourth Wall
Where webcomic readers conspire

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How should the bride and groom arrive

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Beyond the Fourth Wall Forum Index -> Whatever
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maniyata
Undistinguished Extra

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: How should the bride and groom arrive Reply with quote

How should the bride and groom arrive at a non-religious wedding ceremony? The wedding ceremenoy is non religious and we need to know if the bride and groom should ride together or seperately?

Last edited by maniyata on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
TFBW
Deus Ex Machina

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's traditional for the groom to await the bride's arrival at the altar, and thus to travel separately, but if you're throwing out the religious template then you may as well make up your own format entirely.
Leorobin
Supporting Role

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're doing non religious you can choose as you see fit to your likings.
John Theta
Major Character

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unicycles.
TFBW
Deus Ex Machina

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Theta wrote:
Unicycles.

If they both arrive on unicycles, does that count as "together" or "separately"?
Hylianmedli
Major Character

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on whether they're riding on the same unicycle. Wink
Caldazar
Supporting Role

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I'd say even without the religious stuff the bride should come in last walking up to the groom because having everyone gawk at the bride all dressed up in her wonderful white dress (or whatever dress you choose for the occasion) is what weddings are all about. I mean all women (some more than others) fancies the idea of being the centre of attention, to be dressed up looking stunning and having all eyes in the room turn to them as they enter. Weddings are the one time in their life when this is certain to happen so don't take it away from them.

Ok so I might be exaggerating a bit but there is some truth in that argument
Ribbo
Minor Character

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFBW wrote:
Well, it's traditional for the groom to await the bride's arrival at the altar, and thus to travel separately, but if you're throwing out the religious template then you may as well make up your own format entirely.

THIS. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bkev
Major Character

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon further inspection, this is a spambot.

My dreamland sig. Comments appreciated!
TFBW
Deus Ex Machina

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkev wrote:

Nice catch. Initially it wasn't: it was just an ordinary post. Then the poster came back and added the link two days later, well after my first comment had been added. I've since gone back and edited that post so that the link points to a site that doesn't exist. I've also banned that user to prevent further nonsense of this sort -- the account posted only this one comment.

I haven't seen that particular technique used for spamming a forum before. I'll have to bear it in mind. It could be a good way of getting around moderators, too, if you can edit the post after it's been approved by moderators. (Not that I resort to moderation here.)
Ribbo
Minor Character

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFBW wrote:
bkev wrote:

Nice catch. Initially it wasn't: it was just an ordinary post. Then the poster came back and added the link two days later, well after my first comment had been added. I've since gone back and edited that post so that the link points to a site that doesn't exist. I've also banned that user to prevent further nonsense of this sort -- the account posted only this one comment.

I haven't seen that particular technique used for spamming a forum before. I'll have to bear it in mind. It could be a good way of getting around moderators, too, if you can edit the post after it's been approved by moderators. (Not that I resort to moderation here.)

Most forums I go to prevent editing of comments after a 5 or 10 minute period. Long enough to correct typos.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TFBW
Deus Ex Machina

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribbo wrote:
Most forums I go to prevent editing of comments after a 5 or 10 minute period. Long enough to correct typos.

A nice idea, but phpBBv2 doesn't seem to offer that as an option.
Leorobin
Supporting Role

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and it becomes uncomfortable when you're posting in more than one thread, in more than one forum like i do.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: I always wanted to arrive by... Reply with quote

I always wanted to arrive by horse and carriage. I hope I get to.

Jess
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Beyond the Fourth Wall Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: