Beyond the Fourth Wall
Where webcomic readers conspire

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Chatterbox Challenge

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Beyond the Fourth Wall Forum Index -> Whatever
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Theta
Major Character

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Chatterbox Challenge Reply with quote

A chat bot is a computer program that tries to simulate intelligence and personality by carrying on typed conversations. There are quite a few of these bots on the internet, and most of them are of poor quality, but some of the better ones show up in the annual Chatterbox Challenge contest. The 2009 contest is currently in progress, and anyone can talk to the bots and rate them. My bot is named Fizzy Schizoid, and I promise he won't eat you if you talk to him.
phillip1882
Bit Part

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, he has some funny stuff to say when he doesn't know how to respond.

I remember reading this guy who wrote two chatter boxes, one pro religion, the other pro atheism, and had them fight it out on a open web chat channel.
bkev
Major Character

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every chatbot other than smarterchild I've used is pretty neat.

My dreamland sig. Comments appreciated!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a great chatbot add-on in World of Warcraft called like.. Automatic Goblin therapist or something. If somebody is annoying you with whispers you can "send" them to the AGT and it'll do it's chatbot thing.

There are some pretty comical results out there.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Beyond the Fourth Wall Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: