Beyond the Fourth Wall
Where webcomic readers conspire

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Answer for Scott.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Beyond the Fourth Wall Forum Index -> Controversy Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YawningMan
Minor Character

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Answer for Scott. Reply with quote

In the topic, "Proof of God", Scott presents some questions that have been on his mind about the proof of God.

ssava wrote:

When you ask for proof. All you get is the same reply....
"You just have to trust me. You have to have FAITH"

Now faith is the foundation of the Bible.

But...
Pretty much EVERYONE in the bible MET God...or had some sort of interaction with Him.

From Adam to Paul...there was miracles. There was interaction.

So my proof would be along those lines.

God is the creator of the universe. He's everywhere.
If he's not asleep. If he's not away on vacation. If he's really real.
Why not take part in the world He created?

How is that a miracle that helps anyone?
Do we need miracles?

There should be Some way of seeing God, hearing him, or confirming his existence in some sort of scientific way.
An all powerful being who exists and created this universe shouldn't be too difficult to find. Right?

Right now, I think the most important thing to address is to try and see if I can introduce people to God.

Consider the craftsman and his son who have been at their trade for many years. He and his son hired some very excellent hands to work with them. However, their workers have made a mistake. They've locked themselves in the shop and broken the keyhole! The craftsman knows his workers can do the job, but they don't have the plans. The craftsman works feverishly to get back into his shop to set his workers to work again.

I'm not calling that a perfect analogy. I hope that helps to reveal the mind of god, if not the actions.

I can go into greater detail if someone likes, but I might not be able to for some time. The important thing to know is the Love of god. The closest thing to proof there is on earth are the people who are living what they've been taught. I haven't seen Blind Side, but I hear it's a good movie. I think it ought to be a good example of what I'm getting at.

Basically, it won't make sense to you how some people are able to give so much of themselves, ask so little in return, and still be filled with peace about the whole thing. Perfection doesn't exist on this earth, but those who are making the genuine effort will stand apart.

I'm going to see how people respond to this topic before I go any farther with it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Beyond the Fourth Wall Forum Index -> Controversy Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: