Beyond the Fourth Wall
Where webcomic readers conspire

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What's the dumbest...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Beyond the Fourth Wall Forum Index -> Whatever
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hylianmedli
Major Character

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: What's the dumbest... Reply with quote

What's the dumbest thing you've ever done? Or something dumb you used to think when you were a child? Please leave religion related answers out of this thread. (answering like"Something dumb was *insert religion here*")

When I was little I believed that Beethoven was the guy on the American twenty dollar bill. (I've lived in America all my life too! Embarassed)
thestripedone
Bit Part

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This actually is a friend of mine (he has much better dumb stories than I do).

When he was young, he cried once about not being able to get into heaven because he was overweight. (The pastor had apparently given a sermon about how "The road to heaven is narrow"...)
Leorobin
Supporting Role

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine asked some guys that were robbing them if they would let him keep his cell phone if he gave them all his money....

On another thing America is different from USA, America is a continent USA is a country.
Chronos
Supporting Role

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

North America is a continant, America is often a shortened version of United States of America.

When I was seven I made an attempt to catch a trout, but did not pay attention to my father's casting instructions and ended up catching myself instead.
Leorobin
Supporting Role

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on tha book, some books say North America is a sub-continent of America. Others say it's a continent. But using America for as a short way of United States of America is incorrect although very commonly used.

I won't post the reference 'cause i'm too lazy. The way I was taught there are America, Europe, Asia, Australia, Antarctica and Africa.

The newest books divide America into North, Central and South, and some even divide Central in Istmic and Insular.

Some books depict Europa and Asia as one continent and name it Eurasia.

Moreso some books join Europe, Asia and Africa as one continenet, as Afro-Eurasia.

The North pole mass isn't considered a continent as it is made of ice.
Chronos
Supporting Role

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most scientists agree that Northand South America are seperate continents, because they both have their own tectonic plates, and the Centeral America rejoin ts the join of the two continents.
Leorobin
Supporting Role

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By definition they where separete continents, but with the appearance of Central America tht changed. Although, as I said before, it depends on the book you check. I do recognize tat it's true that both North and South America are separate continents, taking in consideration the tectonic plates.

Now to avoid diverging to much from the original post, a friend of mine an ankle and said nothing for two months because he was too embarrased. He didn't get medical attention either. When his ankle was checked by a doctor it was swolen about thrice its normal size.
Chef Justin
Minor Character

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In cooking school I was working on my knife skills across from a girl I really liked. The chef told us to be careful and not to cut ourselves. . .

Right as he said that my hand slipped and I almost cut off the tip of my finger. I jerked my hand back and splashed blood on myself and the girl I liked. Embarassed
Leorobin
Supporting Role

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cutted my finger with a cutter trying to smooth down a tube end. To make a home distiller, in third grade....for science fair. XD
Ribbo
Minor Character

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signed up for this forum. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
phillip1882
Bit Part

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the dumbest thing i've done... so hard to decide...
i once had the idea of the number line being circular, going from 1 to big 0 and from -1 to big 0. I also had the idea that a square was infinitely symmetric because you could divide it into infinitely many equal areas. (though at the time i used unlimited rather than infinite.)
when asked what shape has all points equally distant from its center, I answered without hesitation, "a sphere."
Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: When I was young... Reply with quote

When I was young I used to think that cat were females and dogs were males.

hehe...
Rugne
Bit Part

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh.. so many options... I was a really stupid kid, Very Happy

There was the time I put my thumb on a car cigarette lighter to see if it was hot.. yup, still got the scar 25 years later..

Then there was the first time I ever used a cycle helmet and fell off my bike not two yards from my front door and broke my arm...

Then there was the time I sliced the tip off my finger in college...

I could go on, but you get the general idea.

Rugne
Masterweaver
Minor Character

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never done anything stupid. Incredibly insane, bizarre, and illogical, resulting in large amounts of bodily harm, but not outright idiotic.
Hylianmedli
Major Character

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One time I touched a lightbulb at a beauty Salon (It had been on all day) to see how hot it was. XD I had a blister on my finger for weeks.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Beyond the Fourth Wall Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: