Beyond the Fourth Wall
Where webcomic readers conspire

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Favorite Candy? Favorite flavor of Lollipop?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Beyond the Fourth Wall Forum Index -> Whatever
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hylianmedli
Major Character

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Favorite Candy? Favorite flavor of Lollipop? Reply with quote

I have two questions:
1. What is you favorite candy?
2. What is you favorite favorite flavor of Lollipop? (Preferably of dum dums or any type of Lollipop that does not have tootsie roll or something like that in the middle)
My answers would be...
1. My favorite candy (besides dum dums) would have to be a Hershey bar or Those chocolate covered eggs with coconut cream in the middle that come out for a limited time every easter. (I forget what they're called, little help please?)
2. If were talking about the "dum dum" brand of Lollipop, then my top favorite flavors would be Cherry coke, bubblegum, coconut, cream soda, or cotton candy.

Last edited by Hylianmedli on Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
TFBW
Deus Ex Machina

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The USA: land of a million different kinds of highly refined sugar.

I like dark chocolate. The bitter stuff.
kurowoofwoof111
Supporting Role

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more of a sweet chocolate with nuts kind of guy. Hersheys usually does the tick Razz
John Theta
Major Character

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Jolly Ranchers, but the original hard kind, not the chewy ones that have taken over in most stores.

2) I don't like lollipops.
ntoonz
Minor Character

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark chocolate and mint. Any combination. Could even be a cake.
Hylianmedli
Major Character

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Theta wrote:
1) Jolly Ranchers, but the original hard kind, not the chewy ones that have taken over in most stores.

2) I don't like lollipops.

Aren't Jolly Ranchers just Lollipops without the stick stuck in the middle?
Inu
Minor Character

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hylianmedli wrote:

Aren't Lollipops just Jolly Ranchers with a stick stuck in the middle?
Same difference. Some people don't like sticks. Also they aren't the same cause jolly ranchers are much harder and you need to melt them in your mouth for a while before a successful chomp. Lollipops you end up just chomping apart real quick.

My favorite kind of candy is the kind in my mouth. What kind is in my mouth you say? Doesn't matter, it is in my mouth and therefore it is my favorite. If it has been in there long enough to not get spit out and perhaps is still being chewed, further reason it is my favorite.

Seriousness: The best kinds of candy are the ones that are either portioned the largest while paying the same as other candies, and/or takes the longest to be out of candy. Examples would be starburst, skittles, nerds, nerds rope, and well any form of bag that holds large amounts of small yet very numerous candies. Cookie Dough bites, along with anything bite sized. However some things bite sized come in small portions yet manage to be expensive so not all bagged candies are good.

And everyone knows the best lollipops are anything blue, and watermelon. Seriously, all forms of blue lollipops are awesome. Blueberry, raspberry, cotton candy....
Bezman
Star of the Show

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inu wrote:
Seriousness: The best kinds of candy are the ones that... takes the longest to be out of candy.

Sounds to me like those "jawbreaker" balls available in the US would suit you awesomely well... Wink
John Theta
Major Character

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

The stick stuck in the middle is what I don't like about lollipops.
Inu
Minor Character

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bezman wrote:
Inu wrote:
Seriousness: The best kinds of candy are the ones that... takes the longest to be out of candy.

Sounds to me like those "jawbreaker" balls available in the US would suit you awesomely well... Wink

Yeah, those are awesome. Granted some jawbreakers are softer than others and I can go through a box in like, an hour but some are hard and take me several hours to finish. Either way they taste good, you don't want to spit them out, you aren't forced to make noises and chew it like gum while keeping a giant lump of....whatever occupying your mouth.

Some candies are also the best cause they offer the most flavor, and some are the best because, at the time, they are legendary in status in one form or another. Anyone remember warheads? Oh my, it was a TEST for me and my friends to keep that thing in your mouth all the way through to the finish. It was so sour, 10 seconds in your mouth and you spit it into your hand, worked the flavor out of your mouth, put it back in, and repeated till you finally managed to BITE IT where at the point juices flowed into your mouth and you would have preferred a whole bag of sour patch in your mouth at once rather than that inferno.

Good times. Eventually they made less sour ones and by the time it came out we got used to warheads enough that we were disappointed. At the time I was at a church that had a bookstore that sold candy amazingly cheap. Most candy ranged from a nickel to a quarter. I can't help but compare this place to the candy store from Ed Edd & Eddy that sold human sized jawbreakers for a quarter.

The heck, I'm like a candy critic in this topic.
Hylianmedli
Major Character

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember my friends talking about a time they let a warhead sit in lemon juice till it dissolved, then tricked another one of their friends into drinking it by telling them it was lemonade. I heard the person who drank it was sick for weeks.
sorabezhad
Minor Character

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hylianmedli wrote:
I remember my friends talking about a time they let a warhead sit in lemon juice till it dissolved, then tricked another one of their friends into drinking it by telling them it was lemonade. I heard the person who drank it was sick for weeks.

Holy crap that would suck! that must have been one disgusting beverage. Confused
Smeasle
Supporting Role

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Laughing

That's horrible, and I shouldn't laugh.
Laughing
Hylianmedli
Major Character

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've fallen in love (figuratively speaking, of course)! M&M's came out with a Coconut Flavor here in the US!!! *Drooooooools*
Leorobin
Supporting Role

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say favorite flavor is lemon and favorite candy is white chocolate with cookie chips.
YawningMan
Minor Character

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite candy has got to be caramel. I like the chewy stuff you get in those little cubes.

I like the root beer lollipops best, I think.

Inu mentioned candies that take a long time to finish. I was driving from San Diego, CA to Abilene, TX like I would do from time to time. I decided to stop at a truck stop for whatever reason when I saw the tequila lollipop with the mealworm stuck in it. It was $1.50, but I decided, "Why not?" I think it lasted until I had to stop for gas again. Hmmm, maybe not quite that long. I guess I stopped when I wanted to eat, but I was still about half a gas tank down. I guess that was about 150 miles, which took a little over 2 hours.

I was going to eat the worm, but I dropped it on the floorboard when I got it off the stick. Sad

5 second rule + my floorboard = no go.

I won't expound on it, but Ed, Edd, and Eddie is an ace show!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Beyond the Fourth Wall Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: