Beyond the Fourth Wall
Where webcomic readers conspire

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I have the memory of a stick.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Beyond the Fourth Wall Forum Index -> Whatever
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kurowoofwoof111
Supporting Role

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: I have the memory of a stick. Reply with quote

At my high school, some kids have some fun competing over who has the Memory Stick with the largest memory capacity. The most I've ever seen is 8 GB. Does anyone know the largest amount of data a memory stick has ever been known to hold? Do you have a memory stick? How large is yours? Any decorations?

I have a pink 2GB Activa memory stick.

Just a little quote fun with Army of Darkness:

"Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my memory stick! The twelve GB double-USB port Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the Computer Assecories department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a 30 Mps speed, cobalt blue steel, and an increased operating temperature range of -13 degree to 185 degree Fahrenheit. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?"
Hylianmedli
Major Character

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is only 32mb....
TFBW
Deus Ex Machina

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even own a memory stick. I use the Internet as storage.
Bezman
Star of the Show

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good, but the internet is not always available.
I have one that is 8 GB, Kingston, green, slider protection for the USB contact.
I have my own company, and I sell sticks that hold 16 GB. Haven't seen bigger ones, but I'm sure there are.
Goltotoo
Bit Part

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest I've heard of is 256G, but I don't buy anything above 8G yet. Anything bigger isn't worth the extra cost. Although, the biggest files I ever have to worry about are only 1G. If I had a 10G file I needed to transport...
Archivist
Bit Part

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is a 4GB attache brand.
The largest files I have to worry about are DVD images up to 4.7GB.

With the conversion from DVD to Blu-Ray capacity, I will probably start having to worry about files much larger.

As for what I've heard of, I think the largest out right now is 64GB.
Bezman
Star of the Show

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction! I checked and I just got the 64 GB-ers, but WHOA they are EXPENSIVE!!!!

Without turning this into a commercial, I could offer you guys the 16 GB Kingston USB 2.0 DataTraveler sticks at USD $40 (incl VAT) + shipping. If you want to bunch up and share the shipping, it would be only one shipment cost, the package collector could just pass things in with std US Postal mail, I guess...
Send me PMs if interested, such things don't belong here on the forum.
I'll see if I can get them up front on my web site. (Link to it given in PM, or I will pay TFBW to put up an ad on this site.)
Goltotoo
Bit Part

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ha, I was wrong. The 256G isn't a stick. The biggest capacity stick I see is 128G, for the low, low price of $4800.
http://www.buslink.com/ProductDetails.asp?id=148

If I need that much storage, I'll settle for a full-sized external hard drive, thank you very much! Smile
Bezman
Star of the Show

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pardon my French but OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Shocked
The link you posted actually points to a 64 GB stick, but the price you mention is correct. (I don't even want to think about what a 128 GB would cost...!!!)
When I wrote "expensive" above, I was talking, like, 1/20 of that price!
So if you're still interested... I'll post a link to my offer for y'all.
Bezman
Star of the Show

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, just wanted to check everything with Scott first and so...
Here is the offer. If you're interested, PM me here or email to my company email address: lasse at bezland dot se. Include your name, what you want, how many, your shipping address.
Also, since this offer is very special and for TDC forum members ONLY, you will need to prove that you're a TDC forum member, so also send me a PM here, for a campaign code.

I will collect all orders and if there is not enough interest in this, I may just cancel the whole thing... or not.
If you want to join forces and share a shipping with someone - let me know. If you want anything else at the same time, have a look at the web site, under "Produkter" tab, or just ask and I'll get back to you.
At the end of the offer (Feb 15th) I will pack and ship everything.
The goods will be returnable if DOA.

NOTE: I'm sorry I don't accept credit cards at the moment, but bank wire transfers and NetELLER deposits are acceptable means of payment.
(Anyone who can recommend a free/cheap other means of payment is welcome to inform me)

http://www.bezland.se/campaigns/tdcspecial.pdf

PS: Anyone who can find me a customer that is willing to pay USD $2400 (or 4800) for a 64GB stick like these will be GIVEN one of my USB sticks of his/her choice as a promotion bonus! (I guess its a good idea NOT to show them this ad...Wink)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Beyond the Fourth Wall Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: